- Companies: Renault (France) and Dongfeng (Chinese, state-owned, 2nd largest Chinese automaker)
- 50-50 partnership
- Renault will invest $1.28 billion in a new factory
- Renault Factory Opening Date: 2016
- Estimated Factory Output: 160,000 vehicles per year
- Factory Location: Wuhan (a city approximately 430 miles west of Shanghai with aspirations of becoming a major car manufacturing center)
- Total automobile manufacturing capacity in Wuhan for all companies: 1 million
- Other cities with automobile manufacturing hub aspirations: Chengdu (Sichuan province, SW China), Shenyang (Liaoning province, NE China)
- Concerns of an automobile manufacturing glut exist in Chinese academic and policy circles.
Below is a map with the location of Wuhan (source: Google Maps) with the approximate path of the Yangtze river, as it exits Wuhan and flows to Shanghai and the sea, drawn in blue.